Ashley for a moment cringed away from him, momentarily thinking
she saw some white make up on his face in the crease of his nose and some red
on the tip of it. “What’s wrong with your face?” She asked, every muscle in her
body tense with fear.
Stephen reached up and felt the paint on his face and nose.
“Sorry, I was painting a picture and got some on my face I’m afraid.” He
grinned and Ashley thought for a moment that his teeth were pointed until he
opened his mouth wider and saw they were normal and then she relaxed.
She was about to say something when the door opened and a man of
about fifty and salt and pepper hair with dark sideburns came in, wearing a
white coat and carrying a silver clipboard. “Hi Ashley, glad to see you’re
awake. You gave us quite a scare when you were brought in a week ago.”
“I’ve been here a week? How did I cut my throat on a piece of
glass? The last thing I remember I was going to my mother’s old room to clean
and then I opened the door and Pennywise was standing over my mother’s body,
tearing her throat out. I screamed and he came after me and started to tear out
my throat. You were there Stephen and you started to bleed and your face was
torn up.” Ashley shivered, the dream all too vivid and tears started to well up
in her eyes and Stephen squeezed her hand.
“It must have been just a dream Ashley. You’ve been in a coma
for a week and you were heavily medicated. Luckily the wound wasn’t deep enough
to do heavy damage but you had to have a tracheotomy for a few days to help you
breathe.” The doctor told her and pressed the stethoscope against her chest
listening to her heartbeat.
“It was awful but I think Pennywise killed my mother. I’ve had
this dream before and every time he kills her the same way.” Ashley wiped a
tear away with her hand that had an IV sticking out of the back of it and white
tubing that ran up her arm.
“That’s impossible Ashley, Pennywise is just a story I made up.”
Stephen tried reassuring her and Ashley wasn’t paying attention to him because
she was looking into the hall as a red balloon was bouncing toward her, every
bump sounded like a loud boom and the balloon left a bloody print on the floor,
then popped.
No comments:
Post a Comment