It wasn’t until I got to the clearing did I feel something
change. However it wasn’t my thoughts, something ahead of me, something I
couldn’t see clearly looked like a bright blue light. When I got closer, the
light became brighter & I heard music. I felt a chill go up my spine and I
walked closer to the light and when I reached it, the music became very loud
and I heard people talking but that was impossible because I was in the middle
of the woods near my house and there wasn’t another house for miles.” Stephen
said and kept reading.
My curiosity was peeked and I reached out to touch it. At first
it shocked me, as if it were some kind of electrical light, then I touched it
again and my hand disappeared inside the hole and I felt cold air on the tips
of my fingers. I pulled it out and leaned forward, putting my eye against the
opening of the hole and what I saw I’ll never forget. I was looking at myself
looking through the hole, as if looking into a mirror, only the reflection I
saw was in black and white.
At first I thought I was looking at the reflection but actually,
it was my reflection looking at me. I thought I was going crazy or perhaps had
fallen asleep at my typewriter and was having a wild dream. He continued.
The reflection did everything I did as reflections do when you
stare at a mirror but then it stepped back and as I stared into the hole, the
person I thought was my reflection walked over to a typewriter and sat down,
beginning to type words on a piece of paper, paper identical to mine. I
realized I was staring at myself in the cabin, typing my novel and this
reflection was having no trouble finding the words to whatever he was writing.
Then everything began to change. My reflection faded like a
dream fades in the morning light and I was looking at a movie theater. The
seats were filled with people and not just anyone, they were celebrities and a
movie was playing on the screen. The movie wasn’t just any movie either, it was
the movie based on my novel I’d been trying so desperately to write and then I
saw myself and Tabitha sitting in the back row, watching the movie.
It was the premiere of IT, the story that hadn’t even been
written yet. I thought sure I’d lost it or I’d wake any minute and be relieved
it was all just a bad dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment