The movie screen faded and so did the audience. At first I
thought I was staring into another dimension of things that haven’t happened
yet but it was me that was in another dimension. I had stepped into another
time and couldn’t get out. Somehow I’d stepped into the past when I went for
that walk in the woods and my past self-crossed into the future along with
Pennywise and Pennywise controlled my life there.
The picture changed and I saw myself, my future self that was
actually the past self, on the Craig Ferguson show and Craig Ferguson was
holding up the book IT, with his name in bold letters at the bottom, telling
the audience they were going to get an autographed copy of the book after the
show. There was lots of applause and Craig was asking Stephen questions about
the book and the recent release of the movie and how they differed from each
other.
The camera focused on Craig as he asked the questions, telling
Stephen he thought his book jacket pictures looked evil. When the camera came
back to Stephen, it wasn’t him, it was Pennywise and he snarled at Stephen who
he knew was peering at him through the hole in the dimensions and then laughed
as he stood up and leaned across Craig Ferguson’s desk, grabbing him by his
starched white collar dress shirt and grey suit and opened his mouth, ripping
out his throat.
Pennywise shoved him away, the body falling in a limp heap on
the desk, blood pooling beneath his head, no one seeming to notice in the
audience, Pennywise spitting out the piece of his throat he’d ripped out.
Pennywise ran across the stage approaching the camera and stared
into the lens. Stephen could see him close up and his heart pounded in his
chest. “I’m coming for you four eyes, you won’t get away from me again and
you’ll float like everyone floats in here.”
Then as if it never existed, the hole vanished and Stephen was
alone in the woods again but this time, he was stuck in the past while the
Stephen of the future’s life was held in Penny Wise’s hands and if he killed
his future self, it would be like he never even existed.
No comments:
Post a Comment