Stephen closed the book and looked at Ashley. “This version of
my book is what opened the hole and I have to close it before he kills anyone
else. I don’t care so much about me but I don’t want anything happening to you
or anyone else I know. I’m just not sure how to close it.”
Ashley’s face looked puzzled. “Are you saying we’re in the
future now? I’m confused Stephen.” She told him, picking up the book he’d been
reading from and thumbed through it and each time she saw Penny Wise’s name in
print, it gave her the chills.
“It’s confusing to me too but no, we’re in the present. When I
wrote this, I wrote it where I went through a hole in time and was stuck in the
past and Pennywise crossed into the future. I was writing it in the sense of
what I wanted to happen in the future in the book, not real life. The hole in
time was only in this book. I never finished this book Ashley. Unfortunately
when I didn’t finish it, it left an opening and Pennywise crossed through it.
I’m afraid what was once fiction has become real.” He told her and stood up,
running his hands through his hair and stared down at the floor, thinking.
“Finish the book Stephen, if you write it where Pennywise gets
sent back to the past, then the killings will stop. I just wish you could have
changed it where my Mother is still alive.” Ashley said softly, sadness hung
heavily in her voice.
Stephen sat down again, this time in the white overstuffed
leather chair across from the bed and took her hands. “I’m sorry Ashley, this
is my fault. If I’d finished the book years ago, this never would have
happened. However, since the book was intended for the future, it’s possible
that finishing the book won’t change anything and it might even close the hole
in the dimension, leaving Pennywise here in the present.”
Ashley groaned, pulling her hands from Stephen’s and stood up,
going to the window and looking out. The sun was setting in the horizon and the
sky was a deep orange with light pink clouds above it. She looked back at
Stephen. “You’re the writer; can’t you change it to where the holes in the
dimensions close before he can get through?” She asked and Stephen shook his
head.
No comments:
Post a Comment